anyone try the sketchers shape - ups?

tronda

Asked by tronda at 4:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am dying to know about these too! Good question..
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I tried them on at the store.. They are REALLY BIG!!! Like the sole is about 3 inches thick & looks like a nurses shoe gone wrong (nurses shoes has really thick soles)... Other than that I think they may work. It seemed that the soles where made odd so that you use different muscles to walk.. they kinda put you slightly off balance so you have to keep your butt, thighs slightly tighened..

Rebok has some out I would like to try on now, maybe the soles are not so thick.. That is why i didnt buy the sketchers.. It was kinda embarrassing wearing them.. I dont need everyones attention drawn to my moon boots & know im trying to lose weight/ get a fit ass!! (if i had the money id buy the sketchers just to wear while working out (like walking around the park, ect) but i really need shoes I can wear all the time)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I tried some on last night on a lark.. They are HORRIBLE! The sole is completely round...no stability for standing and walking was virtually impossible for me. I am a stickler about posture so I know that wasn't my problem. My hubby laughed at me trying to walk in them-he said I looked drunk. I almost face planted when I first put them on since they are round. I did not think they would be worth $100 on sale. I bought some Nike running shoes instead. I needed a better pair of running shoes anyway.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Thanks. i actually did buy them and have been wearing them for almost three weeks. absolutely LOVE them. they are the most cushy shoes i have ever worn. i didn't get the feeling of being off balance but this could be because i weigh them down considerably with me considerable weight. i am also fresh out of a cast so i really pay close attention to every step i take. i walked on my toes for like the first 15 years of my life and contribute the balance thing to that also because i didn't feel it in my calves for a few days of wearing these shoes exclusively. i believe they were worth it and i have NEVER spent more than $20 on a pair of shoes. Thanks Again!
    tronda

Answer by tronda at 3:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2010