So what would you do?

I received a nasty email from a "lady" on here regarding a reply I made to a question. Seems I was the only one that didn't agree with the poster and I should "rot in hell". I deleted it. Anyway, what do you do when you receive stupid emails from people on here?

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 5:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Oh and all you can do is either ignore them or report the message to cafemom. Since you deleted it you can find the profile and report it for her message.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• i never got a dirty email. i want one just to see what i will do at the time lol
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 5:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Take what I can use and leave the rest. LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I wasn't sure if there was a "protocol" or anything. It is funny how people can pass judgment on you without knowing anything about you. Ah well.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 5:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have gotten a few too. This one child ( that is what she was) sent me an email saying soemting about how dare I say teens should wait to have children and how she was 15 and a better mother than Me.
    I have NEVER seen her screen name or anything. She was yelling at me saying that I called her out.
    I just reported her and left it at that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I tend to just consider the source! Most of the time when I piss someone off enough because of one of my OPINIONS (not saying anyone has to agree with me on anything!) that she feels the need to attack me over it, I just laugh at her. That reaction says far more about her than it will ever say about me! I think people who feel the need to attack me because I have a different opinion than they have are just very insecure in their own opinions. They see my different opinion as an attack on them. Which is beyond stupid, but it's how it works I guess. Her reaction to you had nothing to do with YOU. Why not save it next time and whenever you need a good laugh, pull it out and get your giggler going. Sure beats getting dizzy from shaking your head trying to figure people out, I can assure of that one. :D
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 6:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• ignore it delete it show her you are a stronger person than her
    mom198005

Answer by mom198005 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I've never gotten a "nasty" email really. But, one time someone had a relationship question & I answered honestly, I was not in any way judgmental, rude, or mean. The OP emailed me defending her feelings, which I had never discredited in the first place. I told her if she wanted to talk about it to keep it in the forum. She messaged me again, still trying to convince? me of her POV. I told her that I didn't know her & that if she counldn't handle a respectful answer just because she didn't like it that she shouldn't be asking for advice in a public forum on the internet.

I guess, that response might have come off "nasty", lol but, seriously, it's your life, do what you want. I'm just someone on the web adding her two cents. Why she singled me out, I still have no idea, unless she was messaging everyone, who knows.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Block Her
    Anonymous