Washing Machine won't finish cycle. How should I drain the water in Machine?

It won't run through an entire cycle. Someone put sneakers in the washer, I heard a loud BOOM< BOOM and told the person immediately to stop the machine. Hasn't worked since. Can I drain water somehow? Do you think it is a problem that can be fixed or not???

litninbug

Asked by litninbug at 6:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

• can you just run a spin cycle? have unpluged and replugged it?
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• On the back of the washer (sometimes on the front bottom) there is a hose attachment for a gravity drain. But, the pump is usually what gets the water out effectively and that forces the water up through the hose which has to be ABOVE the washer. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I'm sure it can be fixed. Is the machine still running otherwise? It may have slipped a belt, but it sounds more like the water pump went out and that would have to be replaced. The first time ours went it cost $110 because we paid an appliance repairman, the second time we bought one from eBay and did it ourselves.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• It might just be unbalanced,,,,Try moving it to the very end of the rinse cycle, even if it doesn't spin, it should drain...btw if you have to buy a new washing machine, I just got an amazing deal on the Sears scratch and dent website, I hope it is okay!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• What kind of machine is it? You can try to get it balanced again or if it's like mine (wheel on side) you'd have to lock the controls and then unlock them to get it to start again. You'd have to look up how for your machine.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 10:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• To Peyton, the washing machine is a GE. I have the papers and haven't looked through them. What do you mean wheel on the side??? I am going to fish through all my warrenty papers and see if it tells how to handle this.
    litninbug

Answer by litninbug at 10:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• when you open the top (if it's top load) there may be a little black button on the right, try to press it until it clicks.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 2:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2009