Feel like SUCH a bad mother...

My two daughters are on antibiotics for ear infections. They are aged 1 and 3. The past week has been a blur of kids crying, me rocking them to sleep, etc etc. This morning I woke up and realized that I didn't give the girls their antibiotics at all yesterday. That's 2 missed doses each. I'm not sure if I should give them more today or not. Left doc a message but he hasnt called back yet. I feel sooooooo awful that I forgot this! :'-( Anyone ever have a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just give them there meds and things will be fine. We as mommas we have off days it's fine your not a bad momma your doing the best you can in a 24 hour period. Keep your head up and things will work just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yep. It happens. Just give them their meds. as per usual. The antibiotics usually stay in their systems longer then you think anyway. :) Stop beating yourself up. And put a spiral notebook in your kitchen to write down the meds and times. You are human. You will forget.
    Anonymous

• Most of the instructions that come with antibiotics say that if you miss a dose, to just get back on the regular schedule. So that's what I would do. Just begin again to give them as per instructions.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• it happens mama, dont feel bad...just keep going and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Hey they're still alive aren't they? Around here we count that as a good day :)
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Just give them the meds as you should today it is okay better to under med then over!! Relax and I hope they feel better sooN!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• give yourself a break, forgetting is part of mommyhood, just begin them back on the regular dose, and maybe take a bath when they nap, LOL! Good luck mom, makes for fun holidays, huh?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• your not an awful mother. Your human and made a mistake. You have a full plate, probably just as tired and cranky as the babies and it slipped your mind. Mom don't beat yourself up. Not a single one of us on here is perfect and without mistakes and don't listen to those ones that will point out that you made a mistake cause they themselves are so wonderful. Cause they lie.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Just resume as normal today. You aren't a bad mother - any of us could have forgot with a hectic world as that! I feel for you and hope they are better soon and you can get some sleep!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yep just give it to them as usual today, they'll be fine. I NEVER forgot my children's meds...yeah, right. And if you believe THAT, I have this bridge for sale...ROTFLMAO!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009