How to relieve a migraine headache???

I've had a migraine headache since yesterday afternoon, and it still has not gone away. :( I been taking extra strength tylenol, but no relief yet. Does anyone know any home remedies that might help??

hazeleyezmommy

Asked by hazeleyezmommy at 8:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried taking aleve.(sp). What about tension headache stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• pamprin always helps my migraines... sometimes i have taken 3 of them, but it always works! but i think any pain reliever with the caffeine in it wil help. good luck hun, hope this helps!!
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Please, P{lease, Please don't over take the Acte/Tylenol*.. Its very hard on your liver! Only take as directed. & not over do or over take! For me I've had Migraines for almost 31 life robbing years!! I sympathise with you!! Ihave like a Kit for me!! Things I find Helpful... Ice packs, I take 2 Aleve with 2 pieces of toast to coat my stomach! I drink Gatorade for dehydration! I used Ginger Ale for nauseau. Caffeine helps.. Like a Strong cup of coffee, DR. Pepper, & Coke.Believe me I care! I Wish it all Away for you!! We're jobless here. So I can't afford health care or Migraine med.s or Help! I hope you get Better! Hope it passes too!! I have a lot of experience with Migraines! The weather too causes them too! At a 'site called mediclim.com I get emails to say when one's coming. Its a interesting 'site! I wish you the healing and relief you need!! Please Feel Well soon! PM me if you care to to see if I can Help you be Well
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh i am sooo sorry I know how horrible you must feel. I have had migraines since I was 11 years old. I like to take Excedrin Migraine or tension headache (they have caffeine in them which helps). I like to wet a wash cloth a set it int he freezer for a few minutes until it is cold (not frozen) and put it on my head. The cold water feels good but a cold pack works well too. Staying away from lights and putting myself in a dark room helps the nausea. Sometimes I will just lay on the bathroom floor because it has tile which is nice and cold and the bathroom is dark with the toilet right there if I need it. I know I also try to stay away from anything that has a strong oder like candles and house sprays because the smells make my migraines worse. I hope you feel better soon. Have a great New Years!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My sister used to get migranes that would wipe her out for a couple of days. She started seeing a chiropractor and has not had one migrane since. She had to go in often at first and now she hardly goes in at all but he for sure helped with them. Might be worth a try and they are not terribly expensive. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• For mine, regular excedrine (for whatever reason, the migrane stuff does nothing!). If that doens't help, I have a perscription that works wonders. Also, moist heat helps, but my headahces are usually sinus related. ANd lots of sleep
    Anonymous

• Take 2 Magnesium Asporotate. That can help when all else fails
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 1:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Cayenne pepper. Sniff it.

Get a small jar with a lid. Put half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in it. Close the jar. Shake up the jar to make a dust cloud. Remove the jar lid and sniff the dust cloud.

Your headache will be gone in about 4 seconds. Then go blow your nose.

No one ever believes me. I finally got DH to do it. He was laughing within 2 minutes of the whole ordeal and pain free.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2009