If I renew my vows on a different day then the day I got married, can I change my anniversary to that day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Me & dh dated for 9 yrs... for those 9yrs we celebrated on Oct 3.... Well we planned on getting married in 09 to have the same ann. but we rushed it & decided to get married in 08 - putting our wedding ann. at oct 11... We now kinda celebrate both dates -- We do our something special on the 3rd & just say happy ann. on the 11th...

If you & ur hubby want a different day, just do it... the date on ur paper is just that. a legal form of your marraige.. who cares about the legal stuff.. its the love that matters.. Get dressed up one day & alone say some vows together if you need to make it "official" lol.. but dont go spending money on a judge/priest/ect..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You're still legally married. Renewing your vows won't change that. You can celebrate it any day you want, but its still going to have the original date on the marriage certificate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You can celebrate on any day you want to, the anniversary date police aren't gonna show up & throw you in jail.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• How long have you been married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2009