Nipples.. yellow/clear liquid..tmi?

Okay so I'm 23 weeks and 6 days.. I was just checking myself out and squeezed my nipple, and a tiny speck of yellow/clear liquid came out in a small dot.. i did the same to the other side, same thing happened.

Is this normal? and what is is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes normal
    i started leaking at 19 weeks
    its colostrum
    dont squeeze it out anymore for it will just cause you to leak and become annoying
    its babies first food for the first few days of his or her life and then that thick colostrum turns into milk
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yes, I had something similar...or it would sort of crystalize if it dried out.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Your body begins to make milk around 16 weeks and continues until delivery. Now is the time to begin to educate yourself on breastfeeding if you are considering it. Some books I recommend are: So That's What There For" , "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" and "Working Without Weaning". Some web sites: www.kellymom.com, www.breastfeeding.com, www.workandpump.com You don't have to breastfeed, but you need to make an informed decision. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• The first responce is right i began leaking colostrum at 16wks without squeezing it's very annoying so dont do that anymore lol but you should educate yourself on breastfeeding if you choose to do that and try getting what to expect when expecting that will help you out alot..gl
    Anonymous

• Mine started at 24 weeks and it just gets worse. Thats colostrum. It feeds the little one til your milk comes in. Just get some breast pard and dont squeeze it..lol.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2009