How can I induce my labor so she can came already at 39 weeks pregnant

I have 7 more days until my baby due date but been feeling sick and tired alot. Is there anything i can do or eat to speed up the process or am I just out of luck. Been in pain for the last two weeks and cant take it anymore.

Asked by Vanessa2008 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know it's hard (I've had 3) but you have to allow your body to prepare itself for labor. Many of the things don't work and can even make you feel worse. My suggesstion is to wlak as much as you can to help get the baby's head into position and stay dehydrated. Good luck :)

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Correcting my errors.

*stay hydrated

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My Mom swore that mopping the floors on her hands and knees put her in labor was probably the position. LOL ...anyway if it doesn't work, you will have clean floors! LOL good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Believe it or not having sex worked for me. The next night...LATE..I went into labor. It may have not been that but everyone seems to think so. Good luck! :)

Answer by Lyndsay13 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• CASTOR OIL!!!!!!! worked for me!!!!! =)

Answer by SBarbaresi at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Don't put anything into your body that you wouldn't normally eat or drink... it could make you really sick (i.e. Castor oil). You can walk, do chores, eat spicy foods, have sex (even if it's solo sex), eat greasy foods... but still remember to drink lots of water. Your baby will come soon, so just relax while you can.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Hahahah.... I tried EVERYTHING. I had sex every day for a month. Castor oil just gave me cramps. I did jumping jacks (really). I walked every day. Hiked in the woods, actually. He came when he was ready.

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I am only 28.5 weeks, and just as anxious as you. Soooo much pain. Id love to speed it up, but I know that even a couple weeks before my due date, I would feel tremendously guilty if something went wrong. I mean anything, not even health related, if I altered what nature was supposed to do. So if you do thing to speed it up, I would do natural, cleaning, walking etc. I went into labor 3 hours after sex with my first. Think that helped.

Answer by Kmazz at 3:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Please do not rush God's work. You could injure the baby or the placenta trying to run and jump abaout! NOBODY said carrying a baby or giving birth would be easy and 10 years from now you will look back on this pain with a softened attitude. I mopped the floors on my hands and knees and all I got was really clean floors.

Answer by vbruno at 3:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Castor oil works for some and not for others. I have a cousin it works for every time but it put my sister into a long stop and go 48 hour labour. Not cool!

Answer by Marie86 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008