How many of you are here because you have no life/ friends ?

I am on here all the time because I have no one else to talk to and nothing to do but sit at home with my kids. I hope to get out of this rut SOON! I want to take the kids to do things and have fun but things have happend and I can't do anything yet but stay at home all day everyday.

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 9:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Define, no life? I work full time, am a mother and a grandmother, as well as a wife. Together hubby and I own several businesses which require traveling. So, really and truly, I have too much of a life. I am on here to relax. I have always loved answering questions, as silly as they may be sometimes! It's fun.

I am assuming you are a young mom with little money and that is the reason you are staying at home with the kids. Well, now that I look back on the time Hon, I truly wish I would have cherished those moments more thoroughly. Time really does fly. Please do all you can with the kids now, in the way of letting them help around the house, cook, play in the kitchen, make messes, and just have fun with them. Trust me, when they become teens, it's no longer like this, then when they move out... You will truly feel alone. Just relax... take the time to have fun and act like a kid yourself, everyday. Enjoy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• my hubby and son are my only friends...but honestly thats the way i want it. I get many invites to go to coworkers partys and go out with my sister and stuff but all they do is smoke pot and drink (i do drink but very seldom) i'm just a home-body
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• i would also like to add that if you are young and have a baby almost ALL your so called true friends disapear...and thats what mothers do is stay home with there kids all day every day...they take care of their kids...and quit worrying about friends
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• new baby no friends but i am here for my baby and distant friends
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have a new baby and I'm a brand new SAHM. My non-mom friends pretty much disappeared after my LO came. And my other friends were work friends. So really I'm on here because I have no life too! I don't go out much during the day because Wesley is not on any schedule that I can discern and I BF (and really don't like doing it public). Plus- where would we go? He's only 6 months so it's not like we can go to the park and play!
    When DH gets home we pretty much hang out together and play with Wesley and the dogs.
    I'm hoping the "no friend" thing will change once we move to OH. DH and I have more friends and family up there that have kids around Wesley's age.
    So hopefully, soon, I won't be on here as much! No offense to anyone - I love my groups here - but I'm ready for some real, live interaction!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and I know what you mean. I moved here from NC and I don't know anyone here because I haven't worked or gone to school here. I'm always at home and have no life. I take care of my kids and all though we are totally on the go in the spring and summer, the fall and winter season is kinda harsh because you can't take trips to the park and the zoo, and go for walks. I'd love a girls night out but I have no girls. And to shay1130, just because you have kids it doesn't mean you dont need friends.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• sorry but i know so many people that dont take care of their kids and just want to party party party like they did before...if you want to have kids they should be your top priority...not friends
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• To katt709, grab a nursing wrap from Target, makes BF in public a breeze & comfortable for you as well. They're great!!! I got on here cuz all my friends are in different states & I wanted to meet some local moms to go do things w/. Met some cool moms so far...there's lots of trolls though too & that's starting to get a little old. Love my groups, enjoy asking ?s in the answers sect but the cattyness gets old.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I used to be on here a lot for that reason, now im on here to check in, answer some questions, then im done
    I spent 9months of pregnancy on this addicting site, im on a 12step program lol jk

What about trying to get out? I get out by working for part of the year and going to school. Both part time. Its productive so the time spent away from my LO is sad for me but also worth it because im doing something to better us, it takes some stress off my fiance and he stays home to watch the LO when I am gone, and my job allows me to be extra social so I meet a ton of ppl.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am usually on when DS is napping, I love it, and it is so hard when you have little ones to get up and get out, we have had tons and tons of snow, so it makes it harder. Where do you live? Perhaps there is a Mom on here who could have play dates etc...with you! I kind of like my new life,,,,no drama just me and kiddo, but I still get out and do stuff, cheap stuff, LOL! Do you have a YMCA close to you? It is pretty inexpensive and DS loves to go and swim, plus I have met alot of moms there, while you swim or work out..they have daycare for the kiddos! Don't be blue momma, at least we are here, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2009