I want to open a pizza place...

There is a closed down waffle house building in my town just off the interstate. the only surrounding business is a fruit stand, a dairy queen, and a couple gas stations. It is the closest restaraunt option to a HUGE country neighborhood which is about 5 miles away. there isnt even a grocery store in sight. I think this is a great location for a pizza place. does anyone have any idea how i start this? what do i need to look into as far as building codes, things that do with the county, etc? my uncles owns a pizza place but he also just opened up a Mikado so hes very busy so talking to him isnt really an option right now.

snoober_k

Asked by snoober_k at 9:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• call city hall they will tell you where to get your licenses, and when you apply there will be a list of building codes you will have to follow. you should call the person leasing or selling the building to get a look inside and see how tore up the kitchen is. it may be too far gone for you to salvage it depending on your income.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Umm depends,,, Pappa Murphys is a chain of take and bake pizza, they are awesome and the overhead is much lower--ie no ovens! I know it costs bunches of money to get a place in order, but I think you have a great idea! I would start by looking for business help--in Missouri we have loans available to women to start their own business! Check into it in your state,,,,I would like mushrooms and sausage please!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2009