Mirena?Sex?

is it okay to have sex the same day as insertion? doctor gave me no restrictions but i have heard some women were told to wait a day a week and even a month! I had sex the same day after insertion am I covered? tell me your experiences and knowledge please and thank you

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• Hey honey how are you guys doing?

Well every BC you should be careful for a little while until it takes affect. You should call your dr and ask. No BC is good to go. You do have to give it some time to get in your system.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

• i was told by my doctor yesterday, that we could go right home and have sex and not even need a back up method. but would call your dr and double check! GL
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I don't know what the Dr would recomend, but I wouldn't. It hurt like CRAZY when I had mine put in.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 3:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010