Need wisdom ASAP!!

I just took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. My husband and are were not planning this, and we have a lot going on right now. My husband's hours are being cut drastically, I have no idea how we will pay our bills right now, unless he gets a better job, hus b-friend tried to kill herself last night. So, really I have no idea how to tell him? PLEASE help me!

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ok sweetie,calm down,you sound a bit frantic.Stress isnt good for you or the baby.It does appear you have alot going on right now but to be honest nobody can really afford a baby and there is assistance out there.There's wic,medicaid,some states they have a place called Pregnancy resource center and you go in and watch movies on parenting and what not and you earn points towards getting free baby clothes,furniture,formula and things like that.Everything will work out,I will pray for you
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You will know when the moment is right to tell him. This just might be the news he needs to hear because planned or not this baby is a blessing and will bring you and your family alot of joy. Money is tight for just about everyone. Some how we still manage to get the things we need. It is ok to be scared of the unknown, it is ok to be devastated. That is all temporary feelings. Trust me, I know. I felt the same way with number 3. He is now almost 8 and I wouldn't change a thing. No one wants to have to get WIC, food stamps, or medicaid but we do what we have to and if his hours are being cut, regardless of baby or not you will still need extra help. Congrats!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• well I almost had a panic attack before I told him, but its done! he's very quiet right now and I hope that he'll be fine with it and recover soon!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Stay calm. that stress you are puting yourself in effects your baby. I'll add a personal note first, if it will help.... Our son was unplanned too. And my husband was working only 4 days a week. I was working a min-wage job. They laid me off when I became pregnant and got farther along, the doctor ordered me not to do all the heavy lifting and stuff that I had to do their. And I was unable to get hired anyway being pregnant -which was beyond frustrating. The week my son was born my husband was cut back to 1 day a week!! this was during the time of 5 dollar gas prices, etc. BUT we still made it! We had to suck it up and move in with my mother in law. But we got on our feet again. And are about to buy a house instead of rent and we are TTC a second child.

Things will work out hun. Money wise... b/c if it was meant to be, the it was meant to be. nothing more. but for your husband, only you will know the right time to tell him
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• yeah thats what I'm afraid of is moving into my inlaws house... they don't suppose most of the things I do.. I can't imagine what t will be like! but hubby is searching for other jobs... so hopefully he'll find something soon!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Wow~ I have been thinking about you a lot lately-- maybe this is why!

Maybe it would be good to hold off on telling him... IF you can stand that... for just a little bit. You can get yourself calmed, maybe even thinking up some strategies to make things work better, especially financially.

All through your last pregnancy I was really rooting for you a lot. I know you guys have really worked through so much.
    HUGS!!
    Things will be okay~ I just know they will. But this moment, right now feels intense, I understand.
    :-)
    I'm here for ya!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2009