how do you handle a husband who seems to put you down alot?

I use to laugh not worry about it. But know I need to do something because it's getting old. and Im getting bored of hearing his stupid remarks. how do I make him stop. help..... please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Men need a demonstration. Tell him that it used to be funny, but not it's gotten old and you want it to stop. If he doesn't then I'd take a stand and show him that if he can't respect you then you don't have to respect him. Stop doing the considerate things that mates do for each other - don't do is laundry, don't cook for him, don't set his alarm for him, don't do any of the things that we do to make their lives easier until he learns to respect you back.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I depends on the remarks. Is he being sarcastic with you, or is he calling you a stupid fat bitch for not doing the dishes? My DH will call me a dork, or retarded but only sarcastically. I do the same to him. So, can you clarify how he is putting you down? That woudl help.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Sit down with him & tell him sincerely that you do not want him to say those things. Talk to him from your heart & tell him that it makes you feel like crap. Don't yell, or call him names back. Just open up your heart & ask him very sincerely to not say those things, that it makes you feel disrespected.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I would give him a taste of his own medicine, then ask how he likes it.

Answer by older at 11:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Some men do it out of habit. Tell him to stop. My dad used to be critical and I asked him to stop. He said he didn't realize he was doing it. He stopped. SO went through a time when he was critical. I told him to accept me as is or leave but to stop the criticisms. He too didn't realize he had been so critical and he stopped. Sometimes it's as simple as just saying to stop. If it continues after that then go the opposite and throw him off guard. Every time he does it tell him you love him and walk away. It gets his attention and usually makes men like that uncomfortable. To get you to stop doing that he has to stop his bad behavior. Not only will he possibly stop he might start telling you that he loves you too. Conquer his negative with positive. It will work or drive him nuts! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Speak up and tell him that you don't care to be talked to like that again. Either he is doing it to annoy you, or it has become a habit and he does not realize he does it. If he keeps up after you talk to him, then you may want to just ignore him. If you don't react he might just stop the behavior. Good luck.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009