What could a small egg sized lump be under a Breast? Please reply.

Under a breast is a lump. Its like right by the bone there. It hurts or throbs! Anyone else experience this? What could it be? My mother died from breast cancer young! But breast tumors don't hurt. Right? Any clues? I have no insurance nor can I afford any doctor's Care or any bills now! We're beyond poverty level. We get no help at all! Somedays I just wait to die. Or wonder what will kill me. Anyway back to my lump any clues here? I did have a mamogram earlier this year. My first Ever. It sure huirt BAD!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• The only way to know is to see your doctor. I was going to say that the odds are good that it's not cancerous because you're young, but since your mother died of breast cancer young, you need this checked. Do some research, find some help in your area. Although they say that pain is a good sign, my aunt fought breast cancer for 10 yrs before she died, & she said that's not true, Her lump caused her a lot of pain. I had a large lump that caused pain & wasn,t cancerous.

I've been where you are financially, but don't take a chance with this. Find a local clinic, maybe a women's clinic in your area. I know we have a clinic here that charges on a sliding scale, sometimes no charge. Even if it causes bills you can't afford. The stress of not knowing is worse than financial stress, & the cost of your children losing their mother because you didn't take care of this is too high, & you'll still leave them with medical bills.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Please, please, please get this checked.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Sadly, an uninsured cancer patient is twice as likely to die in the US as an insured one.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am a mammographer not a Dr. but since your mother died young of breast cancer you have a higher risk of getting it too. You really need to stay on top of things like this, sorry to say. It's probably nothing if it hurts but you REALLY need to get it checked. I would also ask them about testing you for the breast cancer gene since your mom had it so young. I know you can't afford it but it's worth it to get it checked. Good luck!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• it could be simply a blocked duct or swollen galnd? have you been run down or ill lately? get it checked but dont panic. i have had uneven lumps and its was all okay.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have a lump too. It scared the crap out of me. I went to see my doctor. He said if it started to hurt to get in right away. We are going to be watching it closely over the next two months so he can deterimine if it needs biopsied and removed.
    GET IN TO SEE THE DOCTOR!!!! That is what they are there for!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• yeah, when you see or feel something like that go in and see a doctor right away. but still it could be something or it could be nothing. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If you are truly poverty level there are places out there that will help you with medical costs. Go to your local health dept and ask them where to go for a free screening that you think you might have breast cancer. Many drs offices can do a breast check for $20. I've worked for several doctors offices and they all did.
    Anonymous