how can i make money at home on top of my full time job?

hello we live on the army base and just reported my income from working and they are charging us at the daycare 496 a month for childcare for one child..they r ripping us off but we will not go off post because we dont trust the people off post..we need extra money we have a lot of bills anyone have any ideas other than scentsy, avon or mary kay.. thank you

haileylight

Asked by haileylight at 12:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• i would suggest interview a few nannies. i was a nanny in highschool up til this day. But i also work for a company that hires nannies for the mommies. but why wouldnt u trust anyone? thats WHY u interview more than 4-5 girls. I wouldf suggest girls that are just graduated from school or in college. depending on their availiability girls that are still young ..but i would def look in local papers. just a babysitter I wouldnt charge any more than 8$ an hour. When I was in highschool I was getting paid per child. which alot of familes do. I didnt know this family, I watched 3 children from age, 3 months, 2, and 7 now they are so big! but I was getting paid starting 18$ per child daily. You will save money this way. you know? I prob got paid 150 every two weeks. 300$ a month wasnt bad at all! so think about that I have no idea how u can make extra money unless u get a part time job somewhere else./ hope i helped
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Ok, first of all, as far as day care goes, that really isn't bad-depending on the age of your child. As far as making money, there are a lot of different things you can do, but they're just going to take that amount into consideration and most likely just hike up your DC even more.. Why don't you find someone to do in home DC for your child?

Sorry I can't help with the money thing.
    Anonymous

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

You may also want to find a new job that pays more. You can look in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms Group for tips

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I work at home with a 5 year old at school a 2 year old at home with me and one on the way. The company we work with just recently won an award with the BBB for their ethics and integrity. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! I would love to answer your questions and get you all the information. My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• What type of restrictions are you subject to while living on base - if any?
    Peodigy

Answer by Peodigy at 1:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I saw a story on the news recently with a company that matches moms up with companies that need advertising. The mom gets her car "wrapped" with the company logo and stuff and gets paid to simply drive around and live her daily life. The company was in Phoenix, but there may be something like it near you, or they may be able to hook you up where you live. I don't remember the company name, but the story was on one either CBS or NBC news in the past two weeks.
    Anonymous

• Your best bet is Scentsy, Avon, Mary Kay like jobs because they aren't scams and people might actually buy from you. Theres no get rich quick doing nothing with no start up fee kind of jobs out there they dont exist. You are not getting ripped off on daycare that is beyond reasonable and very cheap.
    Anonymous

• Im wondering if it's ok I look into these websites

Rebecca
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 5:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• well i have a job that pays rather well for what i went to dental school for theres just a lot of bills and would want to have some extra money in savings..
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 5:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• They are really not ripping you off. Have you looked at the cost of daycare off base? In most states it's almost double what you pay on base. Take advantage of the fact you actually have a slot because there's 20-30 kids who would be willing to take your kid's slot.
    Anonymous