24 weeks pregnant and wondering if I have the only 3 yr old son who....

is in love with his sister thats still in my belly? He is very overprotective with all of her things like toys clothes ect. and wont let any one hold them. He says "Laighlas!" if someone trys to hold her things lol Its so funny cause he even holds clothes up to my belly when we go shopping and he woke up in the middle of the night cause he thought he lost her toy and he was so upset untill I found it, he actually slept with it in bed lol. He kisses and hugs my belly atleast once a day and trys to feed her through my belly button lol. I just was wondering if any one else has experianced this, dont get me wrong I love that hes so happy and loves his sister just didnt know if this was typical of a toddler. Husband and I have already decided to let him be in the birthing room with us so he can be apart of the whole experiance and have that immediate bond with his little sister. He wont see any of the grose stuff though lol.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's so sweet!! I hope he still likes her when she gets here! My three year old son is somewhat like that. He's really excited for her and likes to see all her stuff and whatnot.
    Anonymous

• My son was the same way when I was pregnant with his sister (they are 2 years 6 months apart) Once she was born, he wouldnt let ANYONE touch her, not even grandparents, without first pointing out that she was HIS baby!

I also had him in the delivery room with me. I know some people look at birth as a scary experience for a toddler/child but we did not. We watched ALOT of shows like "Deliver Me" and "Special Delivery" to prepare him for what he would be seeing when she was born. We had someone in the room that was willing to leave with him if it got to be too much for him to handle. I knew I was getting an epidural and chose to not have him there til after I got the epi because I didnt feel like he needed to see him mommy in pain. He watched the delivery from the doctors view and still to this day, 2 1/2 years later, will tell you that babies come from who-ha's lol
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2009