New to the middle school scene and need help!

I found out last night that a mom on my daughters soccer team has been telling the other mom's that her daughter and their daughters are not best friends anymore and that my daughter is the one responsible for causing a change in their relationship. All the girls on the team do many things together as a large group and some things in small groups or one to one. My daughter has even gone home with her daughter and stayed the night at her house. My daughter is not perfect, but she is very sweet and would never do something intentional to hurt anyone's friendships! Tonight for new years, the whole team is going to a party at this mom's house and my daughter is the ONLY ONE not invited. Should I say something to this mom or just watch cautiously? Some of the things that this mom said about my daughter left me with a creepy feeling. What do you mom's think I should do?

lovetoteach1988

Asked by lovetoteach1988 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• That mom sounds like she's very immature and like to start conflict herself. I would take the higher road and not say anything to her because I'm sure that's what she wants so you look bad. She will be the one looking bad if you just kill her with kindness. Although it will be very hard =) Maybe you and your daughter can have a girls night tonight.
    Anonymous

• This is one disturbed mom. We need to be our children's parents, not their friends. I am sorry that your daughter is being treated this way; it is a terrible form of bullying. I would encourage her to find a new group of friends.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Sounds like this mom has some issues that she needs to deal with. I would encourage your daughter to find a new group of friends to hang out with. Or she can invite the girls she gets along with to your house to hangout with. In middle school, the moms are sometimes worse than the parents. Just attend a PTA/PTO meeting and you will see this for yourself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Ive come accross people like this, you have to think before you rush in,as your the one who ends up looking like the trouble maker, does the mother have any issues with you? in the meantime dont mention anything to your daughter, she may not of picked up on anything, and its just you feeling hurt, do something fun with her to make up for not going, try not to retaliate, and give the mum any satisfaction if this is what shes planning, women can be bitchy, and unfortunately it doesnt stop when they become parents,if she carries on someone will notice her behaviour and then you will have been behaving morally and she will be the one noted for being the trouble maker as this is what she clearly is, you just act normal let it go over your head, even be polite to her although your seething inside. GOOD LUCK.
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 8:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Good advice so far from all of you. What is even stranger is that this mom has never ever let on to me that there is a problem or concern. We are not special friends, but she does text me just to say high really often and answers my texts. I can't figure out if she likes or hates me! She texted me a happy new year message. I plan to smother her with kindness.
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2010