Is it normal to feel like this?

I am really nervous about my sons first birthday party on saturday. Possibly 15 ppl will be there. Some I talk to all the time and some not as much. I'm not sure what to do at the party. We are having finger foods, presents for my son, smash cake and of course the main cake as well as a slide show of my son. Should I do a game or just leave it at eat food, let my son open gifts, do smash cake and then main cake while slide show plays? It will be held in my local church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds perfect:) As a backup plan you could create a game where people have to answer questions about your son...his favorites, milestones, etc. to keep people busy. Maybe a have a craft for any older kids who may be coming, some activities/toys available for the younger ones to keep them occupied. Just relax and enjoy it!! :)
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 12:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• go with the flow but bak up plan is good..kids love pass the parcel even if they only get a little cheap sweet they think its great, or musical chairs musical bump or musical bumps...with parents playing too..its free and fun.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009