Words of encouragement??

I'm 37 weeks and yesterday was told my cervix is still closed and baby not dropped. I just don't understand, I was active before I got pregnant and still walk everyday or atleast play outside with my children for an hour everyday. I'm always on my feet. How is it that at this point nothing has changed? I know it's still early, due dates can be off and yadda yadda, but the last thing I want is an induction later on because of no cervical changes. My husband and I have sex often too still and I thought the sperm was suppose to help soften the cervix? Not that that's the only reason we have sex, but you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you don't want an induction then don't have one! ;-)
    And stop getting your cervix unnecessarily checked, too.

You don't need to be dilating (or baby to engage) until you're in labor... you have plenty of time for that still, so no need to give your cervix a second thought!
    If you had posted this at 42 weeks I suppose that it might make sense that you're questioning yourself, although that could be normal, too.

You can not FORCE a pear to ripen on the tree... you can't force your baby & body to be ready when they aren't yet.

Enjoy this time-- it won't be long!!!
    ;-D
    Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• im sorry I really dont know what to tell you. With my DD It was 3 days before my due date and i was checked and was 3cm dialated and 80% affaced, but i never went into labor and ended up being induced at 41 weeks. your body will make the changes when its ready. there is nothing you can really do except sit back and hope it happens.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2009