FYI: nicorette and Comitt samples at walmart

well I don't know if every walmart in the country is giving them out today, but the one in my town was giving away free samples of NO NICOTINE lozenges and gum to give the consumer an idea what they taste like. I tried the lozenge YUUUUUUUUCK lol but I tried the gum and it was pretty good. Cool thing is even though there was no nicotine in them, I still didnt like the taste of a cigarette I had a couple hours later and i'm not craving one for the moment. Quitting smoking is my new years resolution. what is yours?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good luck, OP! I quit smoking a few years ago and did use the Commit Lozenge...it worked GREAT for me, pretty much completely cut out all the physical cravings, leaving me to focus on the mental habit breaking. They come in a couple of different flavors, and the only one I liked was the mint. The cherry and cappuccino flavors were kind of yucky. Did you try a mint one? Anyway, I quit smoking a couple of times, and the only way that ended up sticking with me was with the lozenges, though I will admit to using them longer than the recommended 6 weeks. Oh well, it was still healthier than smoking.
    Wishing you the best with your quit! Once you get past the first few weeks you'll never regret quitting!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• They only offered the cherry lozenges. I spit it out right away LOL but the mint gum was pretty good! I can see myself prefering the mint lozenges. Thank you for the encouragement :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am quitting smoking as my resolution, too! I have been cutting down in the last week as a prep for tomorrow - I've gone from smoking 10 a day to 4 a day in the last week. And tomorrow I will be done with them completely. Its been a pleasant surprise, so far, how easy its been. When I quit when I was pregnant it was easy b/c the smell of them made me sick, but I started up again when I went back to school, and now that I'm done with school I figured it would be easy, but at first it totally sucked. But the last few days have been easier than the first few... So, here's to luck for both of us!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2009