At what age is it ok to paint my daughters nails?

She's only 13 months right now, but I was wondering when is a good age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get the non toxic stuff and paint away! I started painting my DD"s when she was like 6 weeks! LOL (Just her toes, but started her fingers at about 18 months when she stopped putting her hands in her mouth all the time). Oh and a tip, do it while she is sleepin
    Anonymous

• I did my daughter's very young, like 2 months, just once as a joke. After that I waited until she wanted me to. She was probably 1 1/2 or so. It's a lot of fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Painting them is the easy part. It's the getting the stuff off that's hard.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You can do it now while she is asleep, or use the non toxic kind!! It is easier to think about than actually getting a little one to hold still, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I do it while my girls are in their high chairs eating. They're pretty still. I used non toxic polish from when they were about 6 months old. They barely even realized it was on their nails!!!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• OP: Thank you ladies! Where can I find the Non-Toxic nail polish?

Anonymous

• I've seen people do it to newborns, I've seen people that won't ever do it. I personally did all mine between 18 months & 2 years for their first time.
    Anonymous

• I agree, get the non toxic nail polish and you'll be fine at any age.
    Just be careful in choosing a nail polish remover. When using that ALWAYS wash your daughters hands with soap and water after using it. Just to make sure they're not getting it in their mouth.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My daughter is almost 3 and has yet to have hers done, but then again I don't paint mine either so she doesn't see it. Personally I would wait until they no longer stick their fingers in their mouth non toxic polish or not.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I just started and my dd is 2. We don't do it often and she usually rubs it off before it has time to dry!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2009