How do you interpret a bbt chart that is erratic?

I am 22 and have had irregular periods from the beginning. My obgyn suggested taking bbt's to tell when I am ovulating but I must be doing something wrong because my chart looks like the rocky mountains. I need advice. Please Help!!

Asked by keenie at 2:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could you define bbt? Also, are you charting on paper or have you tried any sites on the internet. I have a site where you can chart your cycles, your ovulations etc. Let me know if you want the site, it's free to sign up for.

Answer by babygoose78 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• that would be great! bbt is basal body temperature

Answer by keenie at 3:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Hey, I chart my temp and when I started mine was the same way until I discovered these guide lines. You need to take it the same time every morning, You should have at least 3-4 hours sleep before taking and don't go to the restroom rite before checking it.
    After that I set my alarm for 5:25 every morning, I have a digitale thermometer so I wake up throw it in my mouth wait till it beeps and then go back to sleep. I usualy write it down later. Now my chart is much better but sometimes I still have a rocky month.

Answer by Marie86 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The PP gave great suggestions...also, try taking the temp vaginally...the last thing is that erratic temps and irregular periods are signs that you are not Oing...keep up with the temping and maybe your doc will be able to help you out in the coming months...

Answer by smsampson13 at 2:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2008