Is it mean to not care when someone you hate dies?

I mean if you've been true about your feelings towards someone while they're alive why should you suddenly change them just cause they're dead? They're dead! They don't give a sh*t if you like them or not anymore.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I have felt that way before and I felt guilty...but its true...if you dont like them when they are alive..what would make you care when they are dead?
    Anonymous

• Yes. It means that you can't see the potential that this person had or the fact that they had people that cared about them. It means you don't have compassion or mercy because compassion by its nature is given to the undeserving. You don't know the meaning of Grace.
    Anonymous

• i have to admit i wouldn't be sad at all if they found bin laden did. i felt a flicker of remorse when Saddam died. .evil tyrants like that . . .nope. ..i dont.
    Anonymous

• Well there was a btch in school that used to terrorize me all through out school and I would not give a damn if she died. I don't care if she has potential or not. She doesn't have the capacity to grow up.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• *dang typo. i DID NOT feel a flicker of remorse when Saddam died. sorry about that
    Anonymous

• So anon 45

Should we give grace for Hitler and all those murderers who spent their lives doing nothing but kill? I don't think so!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Sorry Anon 44 I meant.
    Imogine

• I don't know. I would have a hard time feeling sad if some of those evil people out there died. Like when i hear of a person that abuses a child in any way. .. i couldn't feel sad if they did. . .to me they deserve it. . .but there is noone i know in real life that i hate to be honest. Some I dont care for. .but none i hate
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• No, I don't think it is mean. I think lots of people act sad or change when someone does die. I don't know why. What should change, except that maybe you will experience some form of relief from their passing, and hopefully that person went on to where ever he or she deserves to be if you believe in an after-life. I don't feel sad when celebrities die, I did not know them. I did not feel even a small fleeting bleep of sadness when my step-father died. It was relief and peace. Sad, to say, but just because someone dies, does not mean they automatically deserve your grief or sadness. That is just how life is sometimes. I hope you can strive for better relationships with those you do care about. That's how I think it should be.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• One of my husbands exes recently passed away and I truly hated her and everyone knew it. We went to the funeral and I got some weird looks from people but I never tried to act like we were best friends or anything. The only reason I felt any guilt about disliking her was from anything immature I might have done or said. She found out she had breast cancer and two weeks later learned she was pregnant. She had chemo and radiation during her pregnancy and only lived until the baby girl was 5 or 6 months old. So, I felt bad only for those reasons.
    Anonymous