If you follow God and pray--

are there examples you would like to share how God has helped you lately?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no, why would I "cast my pearls before swine?" just so you can criticize and hate on me for being christian. If you really want miracle stories there's a time and place, and on CM is not it.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Damn... someone needs to pray for some anger management.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Hali, I this was just an inspirational post, to show what the Lord had done for you..lol, maybe you do need anger management.

Anonymous

• I'm laughing at IHartU (though I really shouldn't be...lol,whew!)

I'll share! I've been having problems with my car (I'm too frugal to buy a new one!) I was told by the mechanic at the dealership that it wasn't safe to drive it. The cost of the repair was $1,406 (front end work). I was concerned about how I would get my kids back and forth to school (I could catch the bus to work), and God provided transportation everyday that week. We had a way to get the money, but it would take a couple weeks to pull it from our savings. We needed to come up with half of the repair costs before the dealership would touch it. While I was trying to figure things out, a friend who I hadn't spoken to in 3 months,offers to lend me the money. God has promised that while we "are yet calling" He will answer! (Isaiah 65:24) Anyway, my car is up and running and the Lord has proven Himself once more!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Hali... there is a power of testimony... its in the word. When we testify of what God has done for us, it sets forth and ignites in another's heart healing and freedom.
    Grace is a powerful thing to walk in, so is love! :-)

If I think of something Ill share Op. It has been a hard year but I am looking forward to the next decade and New year!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• when i was preg. with my son, at almost 5mths, i started bleeding, had an ultrasound and my ob said that there is a very high chance that i will lose the pregnancy because my placenta was bleeding and aging rapidly, i was beyond myself and began to cry and pray and pray and pray. the next week, still preg. i went for another U/S. The ob said that it was weird that there is no sign of the placenta ever bleeding, its aging, but no bleeding. he kept looking at the U/S from last week and the new one and couldnt figure it out. My son is here and healthy with no problems. I believe that is how God helped us.
    Anonymous

• Praise God for your healthy child,Anon! That is a beautiful testimony.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My husband has been laid off since April and has been searching for a job daily. During this time, although we had many challenges, the Lord met all of our needs. We never went without and were always able to pay our bills. After a rigorous, month long process, I'm happy to say that the Lord provided a job for my husband....he starts Monday and we feel so blessed. I do not like trials at all but have found that I am truly blessed by them. During each one my faith in Him grows stronger and my relationship with the Lord deepens. He shows His love and provision for me like I've never experienced before. He brings to light areas I need to work on in my spiritual walk and He stregthens me along the way.
    There is a reason why James 1:2-4 is in the Bible, it's to encourage us that even in the darkest of days there is some light!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have been ill for many, many years. My first pregnancy was a nightmare. It was the single worst experience of my life and it lasted for eight and a half months.
    We have been praying so hard to know what is wrong with me. Why I am sick, why I pass out, why I have so much pain that I can hardly stand to move. Our doctor tried to tell me that it was all in my head. We got the impression to change drs and which one to go to. We did. We got a diagnosis after he sent us to a specialist. I was willing to stop there and call it good and accept a fate of all liquids for a very LONG time. He is not. My doctor thinks there is more that can be done than what the specialist has said, and he is not going to give up until I have more answers.
    Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it hsall be opened unto you. Matthew 7:7
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2010