I had my baby 3 days ago, and i'm feeling good. Is there any reason why i can't exercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a rush of energy and I felt great a day afterward. I was up and about trying to do everything I couldn't do before giving birth and boy did my body start to fight back. I started having all kinds of stomach aches and pains and until I started doing "baby yoga" with my son I could barely walk around the block without aching.

Pace yourself, although everyone is different just relax - its hard to fight the urge but sit back and be fawned over and kick your feet up as much as possible - trust me you will not likely be able to get this kind of rest any time too soon.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 3:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• um yeah a lot of reasons.... but the main one... you just had a baby. LOL you can do light exercises but nothing strenuous. I could barely do anything because I had a c section
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• The doctor will tell you which exercises you can do. Mine told me before I left the hospital. Now they usually tell you in those pregnancy books. Don't over do it. You can hurt yourself and regret it later.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• just because you feel good now once you start walking too much or exercising your gonna feel it i was up walking 3 hrs after having my baby i felt fine then but a couple days later when i got out i had to go to walmart to pick up a few things that i didnt get because i didnt know the size of the baby exactly my back started to KILL me and i felt like i was going to die i had to leave and lay down even sitting up hurt so just take your time you will regret it if you dont
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2009