Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you blind to your child's faults?

My roommate is 21. We live in his mother's house, we rent a room for $700 a month. We were supposed to give him the money to give to her. He was supposed to be in charge...but he's a piece of crap and doesn't do anything. He's always been told to "follow his dreams." Well, I had been asking him for weeks to fix the lock on the front door and finally I just called his mother. She screamed at me for bothering her son and said I wasn't paying my rent. I was floored...I ALWAYS pay my rent.So when she came to visit (she stays in his room about 2 nights a week, its weird) I showed her all the receipts. She said I obviously forged them, even though her son's signature was right there on them. He's using our rent as income because he doesn't have a job! If the proof is staring you in the face, would you continue to defend your child?


Asked by metalhealthmama at 3:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • No I am not blind to my children's faults. I just blame those faults on their stupid dad! lol $700 is a lot of money for a room. I know that wasn't part of your question to us but I'm glad to hear you are moving out asap. You are clearly being taken advantage of. I wouldn't pay any more rent if it were me. If she's going to accuse me of not paying then I'm not paying. She'd have to wait 30 days to evict me and then it takes another 30 days to get the eviction done so by that time you have the money to move out. But that's just me.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Move out ASAP!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

  • well, we're trying to...but we need money for a security deposit. we should be good as soon as we get our tax stuff squared away.

    Answer by metalhealthmama at 3:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

  • shes in on the scam aswell i should think, go to the police

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • stop paying him the rent.....put it aside( don't spend it) when he asks for it tell him you think it would be best if you sending it straight to his mum as she dose not seem to be getting it through him,...i mean it will be fun just to see his reaction... don't send it to idiot mother keep it , find another place, do u need a referencefrom them as your landlord? see if you can report him to the local police for have the receipt do you have bank statments showing the withdrawal of the funds a visit from the law might help her remove the blinkers the very best of luck...


    Answer by starmum44 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010