What is a fair charge? What would you charge?

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!! Anyway back to the question. I have 2 DD's 3yrs old and 2mths old. I need care Monday thru thursday for 1 hour each day. How much or what is a fair rate for that? I'm supplying everything and just need care until my DH makes it home. Please no bashing, it's a simple question.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would charge $5 an hour. so it would be $20 a week, which isn't too bad

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• yeah $20 sounds good. They won't need that much care in 1 hour a day.

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Coming to your house, or you going to theirs? Coming over I would say 10 per day going there---a set amount maybe $30 per week?

Answer by kimigogo at 3:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If they have to come to your house for just an hours pay I would make it $30 a week. It's just that some people would see it as a pain even if it is just an hour a day because they may see it as not worth the time and gas to go back and forth for the amount of money they are getting.

• $20 sounds good.

Answer by Jguevara at 4:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I charge $5 an hour for 2 kids whether I watch them at my house or theirs. Depends on how far she would have to drive each day if she has to come to your house.

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I will be dropping my kids off to her.

• I would say $20 a week is fair, since you will be dropping the kids off to her & providing everything.

Answer by emslala at 11:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2009