my 7month old is pulling his ear and waking up in the middle if the night screaming.

For 4 nights now he screams like he's in pain almost but has no fever. I don't know what to. Do. Holding him doesn't calm him down either and of corse I can't get ahol of his doc.

aidansmommy2747

Asked by aidansmommy2747 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take him to the ER. It's probably an ear infection and it's very painful.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• go to urgent care, he could have something inside of his ear, or an ear infection, go now before the place gets too filled up! My brother once had a nail in his nose when he was about 8 months old, he was picking it all the time, and no one has any idea how it got there! I also was cutting a childs hair once and she kept tugging at her ears--guess what a BEAN, if he has been scooting around he could have jammed something in there who knows, but if he hurts take him, good luck mommy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• He probably has a ear infection. I have had one as a adult and the pain is unbearable. I can't imagine what he is going through. Poor baby. Definitely take him to the emergency so they can give him some drops.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• sounds like a ear infection
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Stop torturing you child and call the doctor instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet
    Anonymous

• Go to Urgent Care if you can (as opposed to the ER.) My youngest did that once; he was a older but screaming, couldn't sleep but no fever. Didn't completely shock us about an ear infection, but he is the 3rd, nothing he does shocks us.

To soothe his ear until he can be seen: warm a little olive oil slighty. It should feel barely warm to your touch. Put a couple of drops in his ear. It will soothe it. If you are bf'ing, you actually can use your milk if you want. My kids actually ask for the oil when their ears bug them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• "Stop torturing you child and call the doctor instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet "
    people like you are whats wrong with this world.
    jerk
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I thank you ladies who care as for the rude one I was waiting for my husband to come home with our only car wjile i had been on hold for an hour waiting for his doc. Amd being a forst timer I needed another mothers opinion. Do not comment on my question if your going to be rude.
    aidansmommy2747

Answer by aidansmommy2747 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Its OK Aidansmommy2747 people that leave rude comments like that are just internet thugs that want to be all big and rude over the internet but reality is that they are to weak to do it to someones face. But my daughter is 7months and she has been pulling at her right ear for weeks and i got her checked yesterday and 2weeks before that and her ears perfect, the doctor said it could be her teething affecting pain in her ear.
    Jdenise

Answer by Jdenise at 9:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2009