garlic bread from scratch?

there are many ways to make garlic bread...but I like to mix crushed garlic cloves into the dough then bake it! I was thinking about making an italian loaf tonight...can I make a garlic butter then add it as an ingredient for the bread? or should I add the butter and garlic separately? does it really matter?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Absolutely!

mix softened butter with a couple of cloves of pressed garlic (do you have a garlic press?). cut the loaves in half lengthywise, spread the butter/garlic mixture on the bread, sprinkle with parmesan and a teeny bit of paprika, partially cut slices, put in the oven (400?) until lightly browned.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• if you add garlic butter to the bread use it in place of the oil in the recipe. I'm assuming it has oil right?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2009