What is the 3 day Potty Training Method?

What is the 3 day potty Training methog? What do I have to do? I have a 2 1/2 y.o stubborn little boy. Who is super adorable, but is having a hard time using the potty. I have a 3 year old girl, and she was so easy. With him I have no idea what to do! My husband tries, but you know with men they only have so much patience! Seriously, I need help. He will be 3 in Feb, and I do not want him to be wearing diapers at that time.

JeanellyMaMi

Asked by JeanellyMaMi at 4:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't try to push it. It takes time and girls are easier than boys.
    Anonymous

• My son was hard too. The biggest thing that helped him was while at home we did just underware. Night time and when we went out we did pull ups. At first he would pee and did not care but after a week he started going. I also had him on a potty schedule kind of just took him every few hours. Once he would pee a few times a day then we started a sticker chart. This helped him alot! He always got to place a sticker on it and when the chart was full we went to the dollar store and he picked one thing. If you are having alot of issues then a break may be needed and try again after a brief rest. He was my oldest and I was in tears training him! His younger sister was a breeze but because he was so hard I did not want to start her she kinda trained herself at 25mos!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I actually used the 3 day potty training method on my 14 month old girl and it worked, but it took longer since she was not the recommended age of 22 months. I don't have a son, but one of my friends who does have a boy told me he used to put cheerios in the toilet and tell his son they were battleships. So he would have to try to aim at them to sink the battleships. He said it worked like a charm, since they turned it into a game he was more excited to use the potty.
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 7:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am going to use th e1 day method in a few weeks with my 18 mo old. I believe that most kids are ready to go after about 15 mos old. They used to train at about this age when there weren't disposable diapers. I feel that we will spend a day in the bathroom and then frequent visits for the next few days. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• The 3 Day Potty Training method is basically potty training boot camp. You have to stay home and really pay attention to your toddler for 3 full days. You get rid of all diapers and put your child in underpants and tell them to "let mommy know when you have to go potty". You are not supposed to ask them if they have to go at all but let them tell you. You are also not supposed to give rewards for going. I used it with my son when he was about 2 1/2. It worked for us.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Potty Trained in 3 days? That is a fantasy.

Girls are a lot easier to train than boys. Using the bathroom is totally in their control. No matter what you do, they won't do it until they are ready. YOU can be trained in 3 days, but until they are ready, you won't have success. I have trained hundreds of children over the last 25 years. They need to recognize the feeling and act on it. They need to be able to tell you, dress and undress themselves, clean themselves and do all of this by themselves to say they are completely trained. 2 1/2 is still young for a boy. The last little boy I trained was a little over 3 and it went quickly once he decided he could do it. Hang in there, stay positive, he'll do it when he is ready.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My son is 24 months and we are slowly potty training. Although it may work for some, potty training at 18 months (or even 9months- that is the youngest I have ever seen anyone post on this site) wasn't for me. I let my son pick out some underwear from Kohl's a few days ago. If he sits on the potty, he gets to wear them over diapers. If he goes pee on the potty, he gets to wear only undies.
    It is going slow. I am pretty sure, however, that my son won't be in diapers when he is 10- so I am not going to push it on him too hard. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Why are people in such a hurry for our babies to grow up, there is no rush in making them use the potty they will do it when they feel ready,
    ROSIETRACE

Answer by ROSIETRACE at 3:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010