Would you tell someone you hope their unborn child dies?

A little background, a co-worker lied to another co-worker and said that I hoped her baby was ugly and that she got fat. I keep to myself at work and don't talk to ANYONE so I don't even know why this was said about me. The pregnant co-worker got upset and said f**k me and my kids. When I was told what she said I went to her to tell her that I never said anything about her baby and could she kindly keep my kids out of her mouth. she then said who's gives a f**k about my kids and she hoped my youngest did end up retarded like the doctors think. I know it was wrong but I said b**ch I hope your baby dies.

She only knew about what was going on with my kids because her desk is next to our boss's desk and she overheard me explaining why I had to miss a few days. What I said was said out of anger. I have lost a child & I don't wish that pain on my worst enemy. I did apologize but she won't accept it & tells everyone what I said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I am 50 years old and have learned to think before I speak because what goes around comes around.It's good that you apologized. LIVE AND LEARN.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Umm no, never. You were wrong, very wrong, but I hope she accepts your apology and that the two of you can move forward.

PS- I hope that everything is okay with YOUR child... She was very wrong for saying that too.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 4:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Unfortunately, sometimes the things we say out of anger come back to bite us. She said something really nasty and you one-upped her. You did apologize and that is really all that you can do. Maybe send her a small bouquet of flowers with a note apologizing again, saying that you truly didn't mean it and realize that you cannot make her forgive you but you really do not hope that her baby dies. After that leave it alone and hopefully it will fall back out of everyone's mind.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• She should have been more understanding. But you did make a wrong move, but I for one understand when words come out of anger. When I get mad, all the anger management classes in the world couldn't shut me up. And I end up with a whole bunch of "I wish I didn't say that " words. Its said and done. Let her cool off and go back and be like, really i didn't say that.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• OH MY GOSH! NEVER WOULD I SAY THAT. I DON'T CARE WHAT THE PERSON DID OR SAID THAT IS JUST WRONG! Sorry but that is just too much. I too thought my daughter was going to be retarded and it's the worst thing that has happened to me in my life. I don't want to bash you. Maybe you should apologize to her and tell her you were speaking out of anger. Whether she accepts or not is up to her. This is for sure going to cause tension in your work place. What did your boss say?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Give her a card and explain what went on and how very sorry you are. That is the best you can do now. Let it rest after that, and forgive yourself.
    Anonymous

• You apologized. That is what is important. You can't take back the harsh words but you did the right thing by apologizing immediately. If she doesn't accept it then that's her problem

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Everyone is guilty of saying things they regret when they're angry. At least you are woman enough to admit that you were wrong and apologize. What she said to you wasn't right either, but as I said, at least you apologized. Her not accepting your apology and trying to work everyone against you just shows her maturity level. To answer your question, no I wouldn't say that to anyone because I leave people's children out of my issues with them. That doesn't mean I have never thrown any low blows, I just don't say anything about children or wish anything bad on them. You should also talk to the coworker that lied about you in the first place and see what her deal is. These individuals (I don't feel they are worthy of being called women) are acting like highschoolers. As a previous poster mentioned, try giving her a card apologizing with a message of how deeply sorry you are for what you said. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I love people who start a fight antagonize someone into saying something nasty and even though they started it make the innocent persons mistake a big deal. I'm sure she didn't apologize either huh? Screw her.
    Anonymous

• Did u ever find out who that other co-worker was? That person needs to be apologizing to the both of you for starting that mess between ya. Find out who started the drama and then confront him/her outside the work area.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 5:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009