What would you do if...

your doctor told you that you had to be on an almost all liquid diet for the rest of your life? The only solid foods you are allowed to eat must equal no more than 1/4 of a sandwich in size. Oh, and anything greasy or heavy has to be cut out.
If you don't, you will be sick every day for the rest of your life.
Oh, and the liquid you have been put on is Ensure, 3-4 a day. This special liquid diet is going to run right around $100-150 a month.
I was just wondering what your response would be to something like this.

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 4:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would demand he give me a boob job. i like my curves.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I would cry.
    Anonymous

• what a weird question. ,lol. I don't know. Well this is sort of whats happening to me now. Its my second month of pregnancy and I wish i was dead. I have the worst cases of morning sicknesses with everything obnoxious added to it! it is HELL.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Isn't that what you have to do when you get the stomach staple surgery? Or whatever it's called these days?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Well I would hate it lol, but I guess if its what I had to do I would suck it up and do it. What other choice would you have?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I would get a second opinion
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 4:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My aunt was like that. She had ulcerated colitis. She ate baby food and liquids. She was healthy and stopped caring about food. At least the doctor didn't say you only had a couple of weeks to live.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• "My aunt was like that. She had ulcerated colitis. She ate baby food and liquids"

My husband has that and eats regular food...though some days are rougher onhim than others
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I would have a hard time. I was on a liquid diet for quite a while back in early 2008 - clear liquids for almost 3 weeks, full liquids for another month or so, then soft foods for another month, then eased back into normal diet. It was horrible! I cried every time it was time for another "meal", especially while I was in the hospital. They never figured out what was wrong with me either - I had open abdominal surgery to try to find out, and was left with nothing but 2 drains in my gut for almost a month and a 7 inch vertical scar, and muscles that have weakened and a saggy gut. 10 days in the hospital. Drugs up the wazoo. Zero answers. 4 kids at home just far enough away they couldn't see mommy every day. Liquid diets suck, but I guess if I had to do it to stay alive I wouldn't have a choice! I'd search out more info & answers for whatever reason they gave but ugh, just the thought...I like my food too much!
    Anonymous

• I ask because I have just been diagnosed with gastroparesis. It literally means that my stomach is paralyzed. I have been sick for YEARS with no answers until now. Everything in the little scenario is what I was told by the specialist.
    As for my family doctor. He said that he would keep searching. He doesn't think it is fair to hand a 26 year old a "life sentnece" with such a terrible outlook.
    As for those of you who said you would cry, thank you. Now I don't feel so bad about breaking down like I have been. All of your stories are quite helpful. Thank you.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010