I am 39 weeks and dr said he doesnt see her coming on time and i will prob get induced a weeek late, is there anyway to help her come early?

tracey2205

Asked by tracey2205 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have lots of sex even if you don't feel like it and walk a lot especially up and down hill.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 4:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Your baby will come when she's ready. Your due date is just an estimation. Dr's are so gung-ho on making babies come on their schedules instead of when mother nature intends. To give her a boost though, semen weakens your mucus membranes, walking uphill and up stairs helps thin your cervix, and warm (not hot) baths can ease things along as well. You can try these things, but really your baby will come when she's ready. Congratulations mama and I know it feels like you've been prego for an eternity, but the truth is, it goes by so fast, cherish being pregnant as much as you can!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• SEX SEX SEX, Walking SPICY FOODS. Do some Yoga help push her down. but remember she will come when she comes GOOD LUCK momma!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• WOO HOO - LOTS OF SEX, it worked for mine! -- Although it drained my hubby :) -- He slept through the first 6 hours of labor :)
    Anonymous

• Truly-- your doctor does not know when baby is or is not coming. If your doctor is correct, which is possible, then that is okay... normal & fine! (As long as you & baby are healthy, of course.)

A due date is only a MID-point in the 4-week due period (38-42 weeks). Expecting baby to come within that time-frame is within average, more common, but not REQUIRED.

If you choose to induce after one week past your EDD then you are adding unnecessary risks. This is your call, naturally, but you can know that you don't need to induce just for being "post-dates." (Not "overdue.")

I encourage you to interview your doctor with a list of questions. Get specific references that you can go home and research against yourself. (*I have a lot of info I have collected over time, I am happy to share, too!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Your baby will come when he or she is ready. Not when the OB says so. Plus OBs dont know nothing about woman, labor, child birth etc. There not into waiting for a woman to go into labor when she is ready. there just there to open you up and give you a c-section, give you meds when you dont need it.

To get it going, have sex, eat spicy foods and warm baths, walk, work out.
    Anonymous

• 42 weeks is term, so i would just wait until after then to get induced. 42 weeks is totally normal. gl!
    Anonymous