Anybody Have some Advice for me about Animal Training ??? As a Career...

I love animals, dogs and cats would be my interest area as far as training goes. I am a cat owner and don't own dogs because of where I live. I am interested in learning all I can about cats and dogs and what is involved in getting qualified for this type of work.

litninbug

Asked by litninbug at 5:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pets

• Anonymous

• There are dog training schools but the best way is to find a good trainer and learn from them. You should got to http://www.apdt.com/ and look for a trainer in your area.  You might also think about joining this organization and going to the seminars because you can learn a lot that way as well.   There are also collages were you can get a degree in animal behavior. That is great for the book learning part of it but getting in there and learning hands on is truly the best way.  I have worked with animals a long time and love it but i will tell you there really is no money in it.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2009