ear piercing.

Im thinking of piercing my babies ears. she is 3 months old, i want to do it before she can reach her ears, but just wanted to know what you moms think.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol this was a big debate in the SAHM's group. i myself wouldn't and didn't do it. both me and my husband think she should make the decision herself. she may not want her ears pierced when she's older, but if we got them done now, it'd be too late then, right? (i got mine pierced when i was younger and grew up not wanting them pierced. after years they finally closed up)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• pointless
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yeah i'm sure this will become another out of control debate. Personaly, and I have a newborn daughter myself, I would never put her through the pain of getting her ears pierced, even taken care of they can become infected. When she is older and wants them pierced fine, but I will not do that to me baby!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I wanted to have it done to my daughter but I husband made a fuss so we didn't. My daughter is now 7 and when I ask her she said absolutely not. She doesn't not want her ears peirced at all ever. So I guess my hubby made the right call.
    CheyanneW

Answer by CheyanneW at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I would never do it to my daughter. She is not old enough to comprehend nor to make a decision on whether or not holes should be put in her ears. When she is old enough she can decide for herself. I have memories of getting my ears peirced when I was 5 and then again at 12. It is what I wanted and asked for.

Will it do irreparable harm to her if I do it now? No. But I would be putting her in pain deliberately and altering the sanctity of her body for no reason other than selfish ones. And I won't do that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I got my daughters done at 4 months. She didnt cry at all for the first hole and for about 30 seconds on the second. She never had any problems with them. She is 3 now and loves her earrings.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I got my DD's done at 15 months she only cried because she wasn't allowed to grab at the guns, as soon as they were out of sight she quit and was fine. My DH was not thrilled by it but seeming how she is fine and can reach them and doesn't have problems I say go ahead. People who say that they hurt don't remember having them done themselves because it doesn't hurt, and babies feel pain less than adults do because of how their nervous system is developing. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I just got my daughters done yesterday! She is 4 months old, they told me the younger the better because they wont even remember it.... But I think they have to be 3 months now. She cried for a little while and I gave her her bottle right after they were done and she was fine! My mom got mine done when I was young too and I dont really wear ear rings that much but I dont mind the holes it's not like if she gets older and doesnt like it she doesnt have to wear them. I think they are cute! :) And I think if you get them done while they are young they wont no any different. But thats just my opinion. Anyways hope I answered your question! Good Luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 8:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2009