News years resolution

I want to connect with Jesus this year. I go to church, I pray everyday but I am feeling my connection start to slip. I want to reconnect but now sure how.

Can you give any advice on how to re-connect? I fully believe in God and Jesus is the Son of God, but I have started to feel like I am going through the motions. I want to have a real personal relationship with Jesus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are as many religions as there are individuals. The light is within you.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You answered your own question, " I want to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. " So don't tell us, tell Him. Religion is mans effort to reach God, the heart of Christianity is God reachin to man through Jesus Christ. The same Jesus that died on the cross for your sins and mine. It's not about doing, it's about accepting what has already been done. So tell Him that you want a relationship with Him, not just religion.
    Anonymous

???? There is one savior
    Anonymous

• Same here OP, biggest thing for me is to read the Bible more, I used to read daily and a lot of it and of course prayed and went to church and Bible study and I had peace in my heart and that made my life so much easier to live.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If you really want to get to know your Savior, you need to get out of the rut you FEEL you are in.
    For example, I feel like I have done all I could this last year to improve my relationship with the Lord, now I need to step it up. I have been reading my Scriptures every day for three years without one missed day. I have been saying a personal prayer every night for two months without one missed day. Well, now I need to see what else I can add to deepen that relationship.
    I have decided that I am going to STUDY in the mornings and keep reading at night. When we take an indepth look at things, we gain a better understanding. This is my step. Everyone's step is going to be different because it is a personal journey that we take. The Savior knows each of us as individuals. He knows what we need. Sometimes WE just need to know what it is that we need. Feel free to IM me if you want some good resources. I have a ton of books.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

???? There is one savior

For you, maybe.  But not everyone walks your path. 

Anonymous

• 14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 by: Anonymous
    There are as many religions as there are individuals. The light is within you.

???? There is one savior

For you, maybe. But not everyone walks your path
    *****

I think the question was very clear this was a personal question.
    Anonymous