How do you deal with the food cravings?!?!

I was doing pretty good, ate breakfast around 630, lunch at 12, then a light dinner around 5.....well with now a month and a half of practally everyday exercise, i am craving food from 12 to bed time... I am good in the mornings but then it just hits me! I want to eat a little of everything! like today for example i ate grapes, two banana's, chips with cheddar dip, a microwave dinner(beef tips, greenbeans, n caramel apple desert), i also had a bag of popcorn...and this was all from 12 to now....I am worried this is counter acting my excercise since i am no longer loosing weight..i am basically now just breaking even...so how do you deal with the cravings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Honestly I give in lol...I add a little to my diet each day to avoid binging....Im between 130-131 and am comfortable with that.I work out 3-4 times a week.I have lost weight(140 pounds)this way.The key is moderation.Dont deprive yourself.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• you just have to learn how to control them. i chew mega-t green tea gum to help when i crave food also. ill eat alot of fruit & things, but the popcorn, tv dinners & chips gotta go. snack on pickles, olives, fruits, veggies, things like that. or the rice cake snacks, caramel ones are good and not too fatty.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• try eating a protein and a complex carbohydrate together.Eat small portions(4 0z chicken breast/6 ounces broccoli)this will help keep your blood sugar from spiking therefore giving yo cravings
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 2:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I agree with "boogernoodle". Your diet needs a little help. You need to eat 5-7 times a day. That would be 3 meals with snacks. Lots of protein, fruits, vegetables and fiber. Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces. You are not eating frequently enough and as a result, your metabolism isn't as high as it could be. Keep a food diary. You would be suprised at how much you eat and don't think about. WRITE EVERY BITE!! Try protein shakes. I lost my weight with 2 protein shakes a day, one colorful meal and a couple of healthy snacks. Did you know there is a such thing as NEGATIVE CALORIES?
    mamalmf

Answer by mamalmf at 11:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Indulge them when they hit with a LITTLE bit of whatever the craving is. You can try and substitute, but if it doesn't work, you'll substitute yourself 1000 calories worth of things and then finally give in to the craving anyway. Better to have 100 calories of something bad and be done with it without the extra 1000.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Cravings are a result of 2 issues - emotion and actual hunger. We often crave when we are after nutrition. In this circumstance I would just say up your fruit intake and make sure you get a large green salad in. Green smoothies (greens, fruit, water blended) are an excellent start to the day.

Often in times of cravings simple eating 4-5 pieces of a fruit many be enough to calm the craving. Even in terms of emotional eating.

Emotional eating is trickier though as we often overstuff to hide feelings.

http://www.eating-naturally.com/articles/

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I drink a 16 oz bottle of water
    suck on candy
    chew gum
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2010