Alien religions

Universe people or Cosmic people of light powers is a Czech religious movement centered around Ivo A. Benda. Its belief system is based upon the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations communicating with Benda and other “contacters” since October 1997 telepathically and later even by direct personal contact. According to Benda those civilizations operate a fleet of spaceships, led by Ashtar Sheran, orbiting the Earth. They closely watch and help the good and are waiting to transport their followers into another dimension. The Universe People’s teachings incorporate various elements from ufology (some foreign “contacters” are credited, though often also renounced after a time as misguided or deceptive), Christianity (Jesus was a “fine-vibrations” being) and conspiracy theories (forces of evil are supposed to plan compulsory chipping of the population).

What is your opinion of 'religions' such as this one?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have to agree with Ihartu on this on. I don't believe aliens are demonic. I don't necessarily agree that they all come from under water (not saying some don't). But that is neither here nor there. The point is, I have never once read an account of a person saying that they were told to "follow me" by an alien. It's usually they see them, then they flash to inside the ship, then they flash back to where they were and the alien is gone. And I am here to tell you, not everything paranormal is demonic! I know I am probably wasting my time, but I will still keep trying. Not everyone involved in the paranormal has had an experience like yours. I haven't. There have been a few times that I have met "bad" entities, but I wasn't scared. I knew I was protected and I haven't ONCE been harmed by them.
    As to the group, to each their own, but it sounds very "Hal-bop"-ish to me!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Falls in line with all religions as far as I'm concerned. Remember the Hale Bopp comet?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Crazy Marshall Applewhite? Yeah... that man was tetched in the head. I agree with you about it sounding as crazy as all religions do. I guess if it's not something you believe in, you are apt to think it freakish and absurd.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• oOOOH. IhartU. I found something really interesting about this group. Look at the links on the third post on this page:

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,79131

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Those snake worshipers are serious, I think they drink a lot of Mountain Dew
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• What's freakish?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Honestly, to each their own.

I think if it floats their boat then so be it. I find no spiritual connection with it so I wouldnt be inclined to really learn more about it or care what they do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I just find it fascinating as I do all beliefs. Imagine all those children brought up in those religions who for them- that's their 'normal'. I wonder if they are ever subjected to other religions or beliefs and how many find other paths when they are older.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2009