Does donating plasma hurt?

I have read on many sites that it really doesn't differ from donating blood other than the time spent...but this one site said that you could get sever cramps from it if you are low on calcium...I am a huge wimp when it comes to pain but could use the extra cash... So does it hurt and if so how bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it doesn't hurt. just make sure you eat before you go so you dont get light headed.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You just donate blood. The lab processes that blood and separates the plasma. It is not doesn't differ from donating blood, it is donating blood. You can have any complication you would have when donating blood if you aren't healthy (a little low on iron, calcium, vitamin K, or anything else.)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You will be hocked up to a machine any where from 30 mins to a hour, (drink lots of water the day/night before. The machine will take you blood & the separte the plasma from it then put the blood back. You weight. height & age determines how much they take.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I forgot to add that it does not hurt. But there may be a time the one that sticks you sucks at it. =)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• donating cause you want money .. that is sad! as a blood donor
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I went in to help my family since we needed the money and they wouldn't let me since I hadn't eaten enough in a close enough time and my veins were too small the next time I went in and had actually ate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2010