Acne on my Daughters face! HELP!

My DD is 3 weeks old and her has broken out in little pimples. What do i do to get rid out them, there driving me crazy!

Froggy_girl1790

Asked by Froggy_girl1790 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They will go away; it is common. Leave them alone. Aloe is soothing though.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My son had those too when he was one month old, is pretty normal, pediatrician recommended hidrocortysone 1% (an over the counter ointment) and that worked amazingly.

fherny

Answer by fherny at 8:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yep infant acne. Cause by residual hormones from birth. It will go away by itself, but if it is truly bothersome the pediatrician can prescribe a baby safe ointment to help speed the process. Do NOT use over the counter stuff on a baby without consulting the dr. first.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• oatmeal will help relieve the redness and irritation
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• if you are nursing, put a little breastmilk on it.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 8:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Just leave it alone doing anything to it can aggravate it and take it longer to go away my DD had it we let it be it went away in a month no biggie.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I think my daughter was about 2 months old when it went away. It will clear in no time.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• my son has them as well. i was told that around 8 weeks it should stop. it will go away and come back again. it doesn't seem to cause my son any discomfort, so i just leave it alone, which i was told by the dr that was best. don't worry, your child will be back to normal soon
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 2:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2010