how can I get rid of constipation while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think you can take colace because thats what they gave me while i was pregnant & constipated, but you should check with you DR. anything with fiber works good too though, like whole wheat pancakes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• drinking warm prune juice helps also any kind of fiber, they have fiber additives in can that you can't taste and it works too
    good luck
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Any pitted fruit will work, but yes you can take colace after my csection I had to take colace because of all the meds they had me on and I was breastfeeding
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• you can take stool softeners while bf. The walmart brand is fine they're little red or red and white pills. If it's really bad you can take up to several a day for months without a problem. Hope it gets better.
    Anonymous