I'm 22 weeks/5 days and I rarely (as in less than 1x a day) feel my baby move/kick/anything. Is this somewhat common?

anna_mxm

Asked by anna_mxm at 9:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it is your first baby you may not be able to identify what all the movements feel like yet, but here in a few weeks you should feel it and be doing kick counts.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Enjoy the fact that the baby isn't moving to much right now cause here in a few weeks to a month the baby will be keeping you up at all time of the night or when you just want to relax the baby will wake up. when you relaxing that's when the baby wakes up. It happened with both my children.
    Anonymous

• if this is first baby, even if not, the movements sometimes dont become consistant until around 28 weeks...im preg with baby #4 and i am 23 weeks and dont feel consistant movement yet. But i do feel little movements at least everyday.. i dont think you have anything to worry about.
    Anonymous

• I didn't feel my son until 25 weeks, at all!! Around 28-30 weeks, that's when the party started for him! =)
    Anonymous

• it is common. i am 19 weeks today and somedays i feel the baby kick all day long and than i wont feel it for almost a week. as scary as it is and as much as you just wanna feel your little one be patient you technically arent supposed to feel "every" movement untill like week 34.
    cantwaitfor4

Answer by cantwaitfor4 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Pretty common especially if you move around alot during the day. The best way to feel movement is to lay down on your left side and drink something sweet or cold. But baby is still pretty small at this point. Let him/her get a little bigger and you'll feel it more.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010