my prego friend wants to know if she can have a glass of wine

or two......anyone have an opinion on its safety. all i can find says that most doctors say its fine but there is no studies that say its ok.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 9:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd tell her to just skip it. She can drink after she has her baby. The risks just aren't worth it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't risk it. What's more important? The baby's health or getting some jollies with a glass of wine??
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I've seen this question asked so many times!! It's sad that people can't wait 9 months to have a glass of wine
    To answer your question, some say it's fine, some say don't. I wouldn't listen to anyone on here though. Have her call her doctor.
    Anonymous

• She should really ask her doctor. I had 1 doctor tell me no & another tell me 1 glass won't hurt.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• WOW this isn't the last NEW YEAR's EVE that she will have to drink so really she really needs to think about the child it only takes ONE DRINK TO CAUSE PROBLEMS.......... ONE DRINK............ONE DRINK...............
    Anonymous

• It's only 9 months - can't she wait?!?
    Anonymous

• I dont see a problem because i think drinking it is okay. It does not harm a unborn baby. Get over it you conservative freaks. she isnt selfish because she wants to drink wine. there are no scientific proof its bad for the unborn kid. if a breast feeding mother can drink coffee, soda, and alcohol than its ok..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/FetalAlcoholSyndrome.html
    A large study examined 400,000 women in the U.S., all of whom had consumed alcohol during pregnancy. Not a single case of fetal alcohol syndrome occurred and no adverse effects on children were found when consumption was under 8.5 drinks per week.A review of research studies found that fetal alcohol syndrome only occurs among alcoholics. The evidence is clear that there is no apparent risk to a child when the pregnant woman consumes no more than one drink per day. 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If she was having a 6 pack daily that would cause FAS one or two glasses of wine for new years that isn't going to do anything. In fact if that was the case and a glass of wine caused FAS we would all have it because back in the day mom's were told to drink wine to relax the uterus. 1-2 for new years no biggie.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 1, 2010