What do you think of teen girls cursing?Do you have or have ever had a dirty mouth

Iam 29 and coach a highschool womens basketball team. For me other than slipping 'crap' once in a while I don't curse. But in college my favorite word was shit and said it often. nowdays almost everyone on our team uses cuss words. For example after a bad game our best player said on the bus 'i fucked up big time today'. I told them that i don't care if they curse except during a game or saying it to another adult. But now days it seems that most girls use curse words.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't agree with using them all the time. I didn't curse all the time as a teen and still don't. I do slip sometimes and I do have those moments when there is no other word in the English language to suit how I'm feeling and I cut loose. Never in the presence of children or in public.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I swore sooooo much when i was a teen it is sort of a phase I think I don't do it as much now.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I think they're okay as long as they're not used repeditively in one conversation. I cure sometimes, and yes when I'm mad it is more frequent then usual. However, those who use it as every other word are just tacky to me. It's not classy. I think a lot of young kids do use it. It's to show their authority, their aggressivness, because a lot of young kids feel inferior and ignored. I used to curse like a sailor when I moved out of my parent's house. I just felt free when I cursed, but then I started listening to myself and was disgusted. I can't stand it when people use curse words for everyday, every sentence language.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I used to coach volleyball and heard it frequently. I explained to them it makes them look ignorant, weak, and undignified. They were challenged to come up with motivational verses to share and pump up the team on a daily basis. Team captains were being held accountable for their team's actions and I had consequences for inappropriate behavior for the athletes who didn't follow the rules of the team.
    Anonymous

• so here is my take...i hate hearing things like OMG...basically using gods name in any shape or form, second commandment broken yet nearly every one finds that ok...cursing whilst not a great use of vocab is just that a vulgarity,point out that it is not acceptable, that it shows a lack of class on there part and hope vanity will do the rest.no one whats to think they are trailer trash vocab experts. so m,ake it about them and how they are perceived rather than your sensitivities. lets face it there teens... it is always about them!!!

starmum44

Answer by starmum44 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I swear only when angry, a lot of people swear every other word, theres no need for that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I was never a swearer even when I tried it just never felt right. Personally I think it's very trashy and it makes the girls look skanky, not cool like they think
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I did - I do not now.
    My teen slips infront of me - I correct it BIG time.

I would tell the girls you dont like it. That while in your company they may not do it.... or they will do extra laps. As a parent I would be fine with that from a coach. Perhaps give them funny alternative words you will permit. I have trained myself to say sugar instead of shit. Pickles instead of damn. etc. My favorite is oh fudgeciles and ice cream cones.
    Anonymous

• i had and have a horrid mouth....
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• i had a pretty bad mouth as a teen...BUT if i ever cursed in front of my mother I got it big time. lol

hung out with the wrong crowd and cursing came with the territory i guess...

I don't curse now, at least not often...only every so often, usually when im pissed lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010