is there a quicker way to search for your bio parents?

i have been messing around with the agency for 6 months now and i am tiered of it. i would like to find them without pulling out tuns of money. if anyone has any advice it would be greatly helpful thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Adoption

• Many agencies are unhelpful with regards to reunion. It's best to keep them well out of your reunion if possible.

This group has just about every search tip known to man http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065

There is no need to pay a private investigator because there are networks of people called search angels that volunteer their time and resources to reunite people separated by adoption. You may have to pay fees for documents and so forth to government agencies.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 10:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Google them

Answer by louise2 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• After the state did my search (and my mother signed a contact veto) and all I got out of it was a canceled check...I searched on my own with many search angels for 4 years. I 'found' lots of good leads on darlenes - born in 193--, but never the right one.

I finally took a second job, quit my starbucks habit, clipped coupons, bit the bullet, and hired an adoption PI.
    I'd heard there were some bad companies out there- charging an arm & leg to search and without much luck. I researched and asked for feedback from adoptee and Nmom clients of a few paid adoption searchers. I found one that offered NO FIND- no fee.
    She had completed several online friends searches and came highly recommended.

Her search took a little over 2 months. I didn't pay until it was complete. She gave me the whole 9 yards, no conditions or qualifications. Names, dobs, addresses, #'s, marriage info, ect.
    I'd be more than happy to recomend her.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Just wanted you to know it's possible to search on your own , but as someone that continually hit those brick walls, also wanted you to know paid search is an option too.

Have you located any search and support groups to attend in your area?
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Have you tried that new tv program? They do it for free and hook you up.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I found my daughter's birthfather fairly easy. I knew his last name and the area where he last lived. I simply looked these names up on the computer and then sent a simple letter out to each one with a few details. I never claimed that they were the dad (in case they were married) but that I was trying to find him and if they had any info to please contact me. I had a PO Box that I used. We got lucky and heard back from him in just a few weeks. I realize this isn't the case for most people but it was worth the couple of bucks I spent in postage to at least take the chance.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010