This is a joke right??? Please tell me this isn't real!

The Rev. Al Sharpton held a press conference today to blast Tiger Woods for the lack of diversity among his mistresses. Sharpton claims that the lack of African-American women among Woods’ harem will have a negative effect on the black community, specifically young black girls.

“Why is it that a man who calls himself black can’t bring himself to cheat on his wife with a black woman?” said Sharpton, speaking to a group of supporters in Harlem. “What does it say to young black girls everywhere when you pass them over? Shame on you, Tiger Woods. What would your daddy say?”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yea I saw this. It is a joke. It was started by some celebrity news site (real credible source).
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem too far off of something he really would say.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 11:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Sharpton, who has long championed taking black women as mistresses, said that today’s black athletes need to stop neglecting black women when it comes to extramarital affairs, and should follow the examples of positive black role models such as Jesse Jackson and Martin Luther King, Jr., both of whom cheated on their wives with black women. Sharpton also stressed that cheating with African-American women would help the black community financially by giving black girls the chance to sell their stories to tabloids and gossip magazines.

Added Sharpton, “I’m not asking you to not cheat on your wives, I’m just asking you to give back to your own community
    Anonymous

• Seriously? This is absurd. For that matter, why didn't he have an Asian mistress? Either way, he's a darn fool.
    Anonymous

• wow, I though it was never okay to have an affair no matter what their ethnicity is. This is boderline ridiculous.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• It was started by some celebrity news site (real credible source)**

**Sarcasm there, in case you didn't catch that : )
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 11:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Sharpton is a tool. He is one of the biggest idiots to grace the earth. Nothing this tool does suprises me, disgusts me yes, suprises me no.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• LOL!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• i'm a woman of color and this doesnt shock me in the least. He is a horrible person. He makes a mountain out of a molehill. I cant stand it when something happens concerning a black and white person and he gets involved, he makes things worse.
    Anonymous

• It is a joke. Of course I wouldn't but it past him.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh I should add that the comedian D.L. Hughley called the public reaction racist because if Tiger's wife had been black there wouldn't have been the same amount of uproar over it. He says that since Elin is white and he is black, the public cares more about they way he treats her.

eye rolling

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2009