Have you read the Bible?

One thing I find interesting on this site is that many Christians have said they have not read the entire Bible as of yet, and many Athiests and non-Christians have. So have you read it (the entire thing), and what do you claim as far as your religious beliefs go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope I haven't read it yet. But, I think its about your search for what you need in your life as far as your beliefs go. Some feel its important to read the Bible, others go by their religious teachings, others are trying to figure out what is real and important in their lives. In the end it is a personal journey. Just be a good person no matter what your beliefs are. Life is so short. Enjoy it!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• no i have never read the bible but i really want to i just don know where to start
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• on the flip side many Christians HAVE read the bible and many non Christians have not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Anon- it doesn't really matter in the end. Just because someone has read it, doesn't mean they live it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Ive read probably 3/4 of it if not a titch more than that and Im eclectic Wiccan.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I am wiccan and used to be catholic. I never attended church or liked it. I never read the bible and never will. the small amounts i have sounds like run on sentences and gibberish to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have read several versions of the Bible. I've also read quite a few other religious texts as well. I'm a Unitarian Universalist Pagan with a strong interest in Buddhism.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I've read most of it - I am Pagan with a lot of Native American influence.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I read through it each year (every day), and I also do in depth studies. I love it more than my daily food.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:42 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have read it more than once. I was raised a Catholic and wanted to become a nun, until i read the entire book. I am now a Nocturnal Wiccan.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2010