Autism Questions

I have a few questions about Autism. 1st Question is did your child develope Autism after the 1st MMR Shot or the 2nd MMR shot? 2nd Question is if your little one has Autism and they did NOT get the MMR shot, what caused it? 3rd Question is for the None vaxing Moms who has little ones with Autism, do you know what caused it? 4th Question is do you believe if a child had the 1 MMR shot and they did'nt develope anything and had no reactions, to you think they will be safe getting the 2nd dose of MMR shots? Or do you think they can still develope it after the 2nd dose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My nephew was diagnosised at age 4 long after the 1st MMR shot and he still got his second MMR shot. It was more important because of his lack of verbal skills he would have difficulty communicating health problems, so vaccinations reduce his risk of getting the disease. I think autism is a catch-all for several disorders but that they're mainly genetic in order and have to do with brain development and not vaccines or the immune system. And there was never any "mercury" in the MMR shot (there can't be because it would prevent the vaccines from being effective) so it's not "mercurty poisoning" likes someone previously said. And mercury poisoning is completely different than autism and any competant physican would not confuse the two.
    Anonymous

• No one knows what causes autism. You may get a better response if you join an autism group...plus there is not many people on CM right now.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• my sons autism became more noticeable at 2 years old, for my son it had nothing to do with the shot. No one knows what causes autism. I do vax my children.

Personally i feel if a child did well with the first shot they will do well with the second. I am not a parent who believes vaxing causes autism, i do believe that vaxing can have horrible side effects for some children like any other medication, and those side effects can mimick autism. My main reason for this is because the moms i talk to who have children who develop the autism after vaxing tell me how autism can be "cured" with diet and other therapy and I am sorry but true autism can not be cured.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• What you don't seem to understand is that vaxing does not cause autism. In some cases, it can cause mercury poisoning, with symptoms that MIMIC autism. This epidemic has all but been cured in the US b/c of restrictions on mercury content in vaccines (except for the flu vax and some DTP vaxes). There are many other dangers of vaccinations, however. And those are what you ought to be looking into. But good for you, for being curious and not jumping on some bandwagon b/c your doctor and the media tells you to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I just answered this same exact question like 2 minuets ago.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010