i filled out FAFSA a month ago.............

i filled it out 12-1-09 and i haven't heard ANYTHING back i filled it out on line on my community's collages web site and they say wright on the web site that it will take 1-2 weeks!!! whats going on? i wont start school with out it and it need to hurry up!! has this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in

• There is actually a spot on the FAFSA website that lets you "Check the status of a submitted FAFSA." It should just say that it was either approved or waiting on a signature.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 2:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• did you check the junk folder on your emial? it can take forever to get to you through regular mail but it only took a week and a half through email for me.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 2:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Something is def wrong.. either you didnt do something right or they are missing info.. I would def call tomorrow if possible to talk to the counsler.. I had my results in 72 hours..
    missjenna21

Answer by missjenna21 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• was it on the FAFSA.GOV website? if not i would fill it out again or call the service number....mine has only ever taken a few days or a week max.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Don't forget that is the holidays and a lot of places have shortened hours and most colleges are closed until Monday for the holiday break. It could be a simple thing as that. It could also be that you are missing information. Call on Monday or go on to the FAFSA website and check your status.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010