Is this what new moms can expect after delivery in the US too? 4hours?

How long will the new moms be allowed to stay in the hospital after this great Healthcare is passed and in use? Look at what is going on in England!

http://www.news.com.au/national/gosford-hospital-pressures-new-mums-to-leave-hospital-after-four-hours/story-e6frfkwi-1225715381345

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The hospital should NOT pressure anyone to leave if they don't feel comfortable with doing so after 4 hours. If you don't want to stay then fine, but not everyone is ready to just waltz home after 4 hours and they should not be forced too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Give them time, it will be.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My niece left the hospital in WA State just 5 hours after giving birth, three years ago. She was fine and so was the baby. No need to stay, the doctor said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Um, I'm English and the last time I was there, New South Wales wasn't.  It is in AUSTRALIA!    It may have moved since then but I doubt it.

However I did give birth in England.  I left the hospital only a few hours after giving birth to my second.  It was my choice and the midwives wanted me to stay overnight, but I wanted to go home and there was no need for me to stay. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• With all 3 of mine, my youngest is only 2.5, I had to stay 48 hours.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i gave birth here in the usa and left 6 hours afterwards.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Geography fail! Australia and the UK and actually two different countries believe it or not.

Women don't need to stay in the hospital for days after giving birth anyway unless there are complications. Why would you want to stay in the hospital when you're not sick anyway? Hospitals have been reducing the time steadily for years. When I was born it was normal for a woman to stay in the hospital for a week; when my sister was born they rushed my mother home in 5 days so she could be home for xmas. Now it's 48 hours because there's really no need for women to stay longer. Would you rather be settling in at home or stuck in a hospital with terrible food, nurses waking you up every few hours, and the risk of various serious infections?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i left 36 hours after my 2 youngest & 48 hrs after my 1st.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If the baby is healthy and so is mom, there actually isnt anything wrong with leaving so soon after the delivery. Many moms who birth at birth centers as opposed to hospitals leave and go home within 4 to 6 hours of the birth.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• AND some moms choose to birth at home with midwives (or unassisted) and are just fine...and they are already at home, no hospital to leave! I know its not for everyone, but for those who WANT to it works out very well most all of the time (there is research to support this)
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010